Sunday, March 10, 2013

Without Over-thinking this,...



Now that voting is finished at Foundations Revealed, I’m going to review my process on this corset.  I don’t usually do that, as I’m often just happy that I completed something.
This is different because what I’m looking for this year is significant growth in several different directions.  I’m looking to be more organized going into this year’s work, as my lack of organization and overwhelm is at a point where it’s hindering me.
I’ve started setting drafting goals, meaning, I write down, in words and preliminary sketch, what the purpose of the draft is.  This keeps me guided when I start setting lines down and gives me a clear record for the piece when it’s completed and I want to make it again.  Procrastination is no longer an option.

Each day involves chores, creative work, (ie: some recognizable out-put) self care and a clean-up period.


To that end, I just spent 2-3 days cleaning my studio and organizing projects.  I can only have 3 current projects out at a time.

One of my current, new projects is a wall quilt using paper piecing, a very precise method of lining shapes up for stitching.  One of the ladies I work with showed this to me about a year ago.  It’s nearly magical in it’s result, and I can’t wait to get started because I think that this piecing method will give me greater control over the corsets.
In a nutshell: 
Organization, Cleanliness, Limited Items in visual que, Discipline, Time Allowances for self-care, chores, & clean-Up, Procrastination under control by increments, Completed Projects.
Aesthetics Goals: Precision in Piecing, specific goals for pattern drafting, more complicated, sculptural structures while maintaining smoothness.

Here's some serious musical high to get started:

 "You thought that we were fast before
But we're going faster and faster and faster and faster
We got time we're doing fine Mach 8 accelerationThe sky is clear don't interfereWith aspirations of this nation
I'll shoot new cities into spaceDrag you at the new space racesFast as dead line can flowAnd look around, we leave no traces"
     
      

                          - Hypersonic, Jane's Addiction

No comments: