Thursday, May 14, 2009

Drafting



Spent afternoon drafting new corset. After 5 years, am still so in love with Simplicity Civil War 9769 that I can't leave it alone. Is sort of like being in love with someone who won't have you. It drives me crazy, it doesn't fit, but is silly beautiful, so I figure: I'll just change it! I first scratch-drafted what I think will be a mid-bust corset to fit me. I then studied the pattern to echo my favorite lines (the tummy swoop, the sweet bustline) and changed what didn't work for me at all (the fit, the length, and the lower side front panels got a little more shaping.) I also angled a line or two, so we'll see. I start cutting tonight.
This is my third or fourth corset draft. Is addicting. Any idea I have, I can just throw out there and see what comes of it. They take a while to make up, but the results are so much fun!

No comments: