Saturday, October 17, 2009

Step on a Crack....




...break yer momma's back: Mom was in an accident on Sunday or Monday (I didn't receive the message until Thursday, for a variety of reasons). She's broken the T9, the ninth thoracic vertebra, and bruised 2 others. She is in a turtle shell cast of some sort for 12 weeks. I've offered to make her a corset for support and moral, so, I'm awaiting her measurements. I'm thinking side or front lacings to remove pressure off of the spine. It was a weird week, following the walk around Cohoes. A haunted city and a broken back feels like a lot to think about. Thank goodness it was wasn't worse. Then, in business class, a chiropractor showed up to sit with us and discuss marketing strategies. See? Weird, I tell you. It does remind me to "crack" open my Anatomy & Physiology text for fitness class.

No comments: