Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anchor Button

What do you do when your dress actually (gasp!) turns out to be pretty?!
You buy your new dress a fancy, smashing new button!
I don't often purchase buttons.  I have collected quite a few vintage buttons but I often use a zipper.

I'm thrilled with my new (soon to be revealed) dress for Sew Weekly,  although the halter-neck itself isn't long enough to tie around a fruit fly (silly Butterick) which is why I needed a button to begin with.

Since the dress has an accidentally-on-purpose nautical theme (it's summer, I live in the middle of the Erie Canal, and suddenly, there it was: crazy fabric in the discount pile!) I wanted a nautically-themed button, but didn't have any high hopes of finding one.

I was wrong!


Hooray!

1 comment:

Juliet said...

Hi Joann! I can't figure out how to contact you, but you've won the hawaiian shirt on my blog's giveaway! Please email me your address at julietsews (at) gmail dot com
Looking forward to hearing from you!