Friday, January 11, 2013

Garter Supports, yes!

I got up this morning and decided that the triple garter supports from Lace Embrace Corset Calendar 2012 (July) were the way to go.  If you look at the picture closely, you can see the triple support tabs that blend down into a bow and a single garter.

I started out having a rough time turning such a small piece of silk, especially since the large end needs to be pushed through the small end first.


But eventually, after adding an embroidered star,  I ended up with this:


Which is lovely, except the machine slipped around the edge of the point, (computerized machines + tiny pieces + thickness of materials aren't always the best combination) which irked me, and now I only need 17 more of the silly things.  I think I'll try the next one on the treadle to see if I can make a cleaner run of it.
Three or four lousy stitches shouldn't bother me, but they shouldn't happen, either.  It's totally preventable.

Added: 2/4/2013
Note: Those Lost Garter Supports:
I made mention of garter supports in an older post and thought I'd mention that I eliminated garters at this point because with all of the beadwork, this is more of an external corset.  I had thought it might be sort of a burlesque corset, but it looks more like she'd be attending a 'fabulous soiree'.  There was enough going on here without them and the original pattern didn't seem to have any.


No comments: