Thursday, February 09, 2012

DownUnder: Boho Paisley Muumuu

First, I'd like to say I did not start out to make a muumuu of any sort.  It turned into one, I'm guessing because it drapes from the bust line which is never a good thing on me.  It didn't take too long.  I nabbed the fabric from WalMart the previous evening and ran a pre-wash.

 I actually sort of like the fabric even though it's not my normal style.  I wish it matched better in the center front, but I was in a hurry and didn't line my fold up correctly.

Pattern: Simplicity It's So Easy!  E2034
Time to Complete: About 5 hours
Worn: Not yet.  Only for the pictures.
Fit: 8.5 on a 10 point scale.  Not much to worry about here except the bust facing.
Mods: I added vintage lace to the bottom because it seemed to need something.
Make Again: Yes
Cost: Pattern $1.89; Fabric: $9; Notions: Vintage lace from stash
Final Cost: $10.89

No comments: