Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sew Weekly: Obi Project Management

Obi Project Management & Bias Cording Que

Day 1.5
I am tired.  I keep loosing my Dicky Body, Obi Bow is now where to be found.  However, here is where it's at:
I'm still not completely cut, but close to it.  This swanky robe has turned into quite the stash-buster.  There are little piles of kimono all over the apartment.

Do-Pile Breakdown:

1. Obi Project Management + Bias Stripping Que
2. Items Cut, but awaiting interfacing
3. Kimono Body #1 (hung)
4. Kimono Body #2 (Haori) awaiting cutting
5. Sleeves, Kimono Body #1 awaiting thread marking
6. Kimono Body #1 Lining awaiting cutting
7. Sash possibilities
8. Linings of all sleeves in process of being cut, Kimono #1 and Haori
9. Dicky Body pile

Awaiting center back seam.  I wish the center back matched better than this, but I use what I have.   Traditional kimono all seem to match all the way around.
Now, how on Earth to get it done in time??  At this point it comes down to one thing: if I can get the sleeves made to the first kimono, it all falls into place.  Which brings me to mentioning this corset by The Dreamstress: I was originally going to line the sleeves with the green flannel.  (I had to get the flannel to match the lime green silk that was gifted to me about 10 years ago.) But then I remembered the Cymbidium Orchid corset, and the pink inside/green outside.  I found enough old pink bengaline in my stash to line my sleeves and it just became that much better.  Thanks, Dreamstress!

No comments: